Well, today was certainly not a day with a nice, happy, elevated mood like I had the last couple of days. Today was a shitty day, and I tried to just grin and bear it, but I was not in a good place today.
It started with money, as all the bad days lately do. The cable/internet bill comes out of the bank account automatically each month, and this month it was inexplicably $60 higher. I was livid, because I had to sign a multi-year contract and my bill should be the exact same every month. Turns out they charged a "reconnect" fee after I updated them with the new bank account info. So I called and screamed at some customer service rep until it was taken off. While I probably should have been less...emphatic, it really ticked me off to see that extra charge because money is extra-tight right now. So I got off on the wrong foot for the day.
While working, I was making mistakes, and I knew it. Every time I fucked up, it was like I was mentally kicking myself. Normally I can pick it up on the next call, but today it just seemed to get worse as the day went on. On my last break, I opened up some mail. Big mistake. A radiologist decided to threaten me with collection action for a bill that they didn't even bother to submit to my insurance. It was for back x-rays I had in January, and I gave the girl at the imaging place both insurance cards at the time of service, and have been waiting to see it appear on my claims... The fact that they chose to threaten me instead of billing the insurance that I provided just blows me away. So I called and left them a message, as it was after 5pm.
To top it off, my last call of the day is a woman who is freaking out over her mom's coverage getting cancelled, and she's acting like it's some huge scam against her, and I dealt with her as well as I could until she started demanding to file a claim for some service that happened in October, so I was finally able to pass her off to a service rep.
I've had a splitting headache since about 2pm, and overall feel run-down and tired. I'm going to try and be positive tomorrow, even though I don't feel like being positive right now. At least I get to escape for a couple hours to go to therapy. I also have to figure out a solution to paying the rent, renewing the car registration, paying for mounting dental bills... I just have to keep calm and carry on. We make enough money to pay for these things, but up until now our resources were not being used wisely. Just keep making payments and soon we'll be back upright. Everything will get paid in time. Just keep swimming...
No comments:
Post a Comment